Nail Polish Nails
Nail polish nails require a certain type of healthiness. Healthy nails are always the style that is in. Nail polish nails will not fair well and will be less that picture perfect if the nails are not taken care of. Nail polish nails will display nails that are healthy.
If your nails are not taken care before applying the polish, then you will not have a nice and presentable finish. Chipping, unevenness, and even the coat’s shine can be affected. In order to have nail Polish nails we have provided some ways to have healthy nails.
- Wash your hands often. Often we neglect our hands. We use them all the time but we may not wash them as often as needs be. The moisture from the water is good for the nails and for the skin.
- Use a hand brush to get dirt from under the nails.
- Moisturize the skin. After washing your hands, use lotion. A lotion or oil is a good beginning to healthy skin and nails.
- Apply oil. Use a cuticle oil on the nails. Take time to apply cuticle oil to the nail bed and the skin surrounding it.
- Massage the hands. Massaging stimulates blood flow, which in turn stimulates growth. Self care is for you to feel relaxed but another purpose is to prompt the body to react to the soothing feel. You can get your spouse to give you a hand massage or head to a professional to get the job done.
How to Care for Nail Polish Nails
Now that your hands have been cleaner you can start to think about other nail care. Wearing any nail polish will draw attention. It is essential to care for your nail polish nails or else you lose the art you have created. The following steps should help you take better care of your nails.
- Have your nails well manicured and moisturized as described above.
- Apply a ridge-filling base coat to even out surface.
- To save time use a base and ridge filler in one.
- Base coat also protects nails. Dark colors can stain or yellow nails.
- Chips show up on dark nails. To avoid, run the brush across the very tip of each nail so that you’re almost painting the underside. After two minutes, brush on a top coat.
- Avoid quick-dry top coats, which tend to chip. Instead, drip cuticle oil over each nail to decrease drying time.
Once the polish is thoroughly dry, use an eye-shadow applicator in polish remover to clean up the skin around the nail beds. Using a cotton swab will leave cotton fuzz behind and ruin the nail polish job. Your nail polish nails are now perfectly ready and will shine through with healthiness.
Bianca Miller Nails
Bianca Miller is a London based nail polish brand that caters to women of all complexions. You can find a wide selection of nail polishes to suit whatever look you are after.